Re: R.D. Sahl Attack

--- Sptseditor@aol.com wrote:
> Garrett wrote:
>
> <>
>
> I never remember RD "retiring" from Channel 7. Here's what I recall: Sahl
> left WHDH after Sunbeam bought the station, and if I am correct started
> taking classes for his doctorate. He briefly landed at NECN, then took a
> one-year sabbatical for studies. He then returned to NECN, which now had
> brought Margie Reedy aboard. Of course, I could easily be wrong.
>
> -Sean

Close. He left WHDH in October '94 to become NECN anchor
while attending foreign relations program at Tufts. After
11 months at NECN, he was recruited by KCAL-TV/LA in
August '95 to anchor their evening news package.
He returned to Boston and NECN in September '97
and was reunited with Reedy at  NECN's anchordesk.