Re: **Kenny Mayer**HELP

Rob Landry of WCRB lurks here, and occasionally posts.
Rob worked at WUNR and may even have a direct connection
with Kenny Mayer's show. For example, he could have been
the studio engineer.

If I'm not mistaken, Mayer's day job was as a gossip
columnist for a newspaper. (If I'm right, it was
probably the Record-American, one of the predecessors of
today's Herald.) Although looking in newspaper morgues
won't get you air checks, it might get you more
information on Mayer.

During the past few years, there have also been several
threads on Mayer and his show at rec.radio.broadcasting.
Since the death of rrb's founder and long-time
moderator, Bill Pfeiffer, the rrb archives may or may
not still be available on-line. Whenever a discussion of
Kenny Mayer has come up, one of the big problems has
been getting past the confusion between him and Larry
Glick's producer, Kenny Meyer, who, as I understand it,
currently works for the Mass Commission for the Blind.