elected officials on the air ...

Braude has been trying to get on the talk radio format for awhile. I have
spoken to him numerous times about it over the years, although, this was
before he got on "Talk of New England" or was elected in Cambridge.

It is frowned upon as a major conflict of interest for an elected official to
have their own show but I don't think that there are any laws against it
right now. I know that it has been done in other markets though. Correct me
if I am wrong Cape readers but didn't Ed Teague have a daily morning show
when he was a state rep? As I heard it, he only left the show when he decided
to run for the open Congressional seat vacated by Gerry Studds.

When I was doing a weekly talk show/working as a board op at WUNR and then
jumped into the Boston City Council race in 1997, management took me off the
air because other candidates complained that I had an unfair advantage. I
ended up not making the prelim by less than 300 votes. But of course, that is
running for office, vs. already being there.

It is one thing to for an elected official to be a guest or appear every
month or so, like Menino or Cellucci have. It is quite another for them to
appear daily.

Braude and Eagan do make a pretty good pair on TV. But it's not like there
are no other talk hosts out there to fill the slot. Tai just got canned at
WRKO and IMHO he would be great to put in there with Eagan.