Re: Here we go again, Part II

On 1 Jan 00,  Pete Kemp wrote:

> News sources are reporting today that Y2K offices around the country will
> remain operational until at least March.  This being a Leap Year, there is
> additional cause for concern. Having the century mark, divisible by 400,
> rather than using the standard four year formula, officials believe could
> be a problem.

I've been hearing for some time that the calendar program in Windows 3.1
didn't recognize 29 February 2000.  I just checked it out on my old 386
laptop, which still runs Windows 3.1, and found that this is not true, the
Windows calendar knows that 2000 is a leap year.

Last night, I took my 386 to a New Years Eve party and turned it on at
about 11:50 PM.  Since I had installed the software patch to compensate
for the BIOS Y2K defect, it rolled over the date flawlessly.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/