WKXL changes

For the record, the simulcast of WNHI (93.3 Belmont NH) and its classic
rock came to an end in the middle of a guitar riff at roughly 5:28 a.m.
Monday, December 27, on WRCI (107.7 Hillsboro NH).  After 6 seconds of
silence, WRCI's simulcast of WKXL (1450 Concord NH) began midway through
a bulletin board announcement from morning man Mike Murphy.

As noted elsewhere, WKXL-FM (102.3 Concord NH) is expected to begin its
life as a country station ("Outlaw 102"?) on January 1.  This week only
we get WKXL's programming on 3 frequencies and the announcement at
signon and signoff is a little longer to include information like
"WRCI-FM [sic] is operated by Vox Radio Group L.P. under an agreement
with RadioWorks Incorporated of Concord, New Hampshire."  You can catch
the "owned and operated by...with studio and transmitter located at..."
stuff around 4:57 a.m. (5:57 Saturday, 6:57 Sunday) and somewhere
between 11:20 and 11:30 p.m. unless sports or city council coverage runs
late.  Don't forget to stand for the national anthem.

The promo running this week mentions moving up the dial from "one oh two
point three" to "one oh seven seven"--note the absence of point or dot.

WKXL also has a new slogan: "News/Talk for the Capital Region."  I don't
know exactly when they started using this but it's a recent
development.  When the station hit the airwaves in 1946, it was "The
Capital Station."  By the time I started working there in 1984 it was
"The Voice of the Capital."  Sometime in the early '90s (I think) it
became "The Voice of the Capital Region"--perhaps an acknowledgment of
the expanded area served when the simulcast on WKXL-FM began in 1991.
In 1995 and '96 (and possibly into '97) the slogan was embellished as
the station touted its 50th anniversary with "The Golden Voice of the
Capital Region."