Saying thank you

It is indeed wonderful take a moment to say thanks the people that have been a part of your growth, and that contributed in whatever way that the could.
So thank you Donna for reminding us.
So here I go. Apologies for the spelling errors in some of the names, but at a certain age the mind starts to go.
So many people and so many stories. And for them and that, I am grateful to be in this business.
Thanks to on Bill Hennes (The Legendary Wild Willie from Detroit) back in 1970 who saw or heard something in me and hired me for my first major gig in my home town of Louisville, Ky. In fact, to this day, he keeps tabs on my career and is there for me in a heartbeat. Gerry Peterson (Gerry Gagle Network Top 40) who somehow or another heard an aircheck of me (which is strange, cuz I never sent any out) brought me to Boston in '72 for my first major market gig at the BIG 68 WRKO, WOW, I was only 22. Thanks to the great folks and talent at WRKO, who taught me a lot back then: Dale Dorman, Mike Addams, Harry Nelson, Joel Cash, J.J. Jordon (btw, Bill Hennes gave me the name J.J. from J.J. Jordon), Johnny Dark, Charlie Fox, Paul Drew, Jack Hobbs and Perry Ury(sp).
Sunny Joe White, who let me fill in for him for a couple of weeks on the his morning show at WILD when I left WRKO. Tommy Hedges(sp), who took me under his wing briefly at WCOZ and introduced me to two-eared radio. Ron Robin, who trusted in me to help propel DISCO 93 WBOS. Thanks to Vinnie Perruzzi, Joe DiDinato and the rest of the staff there back then.
More thanks to Sunny Jo White, along with Richie Balsbaugh for, very simply put, 18 of the most fun years of my life: KISS 108. Speaking of KISS, every one for whom I came in contact with over the years, Matty, Dale (again) Billy, Ed, Lady D, Lark Logan, Vinnie (again) Joe DiDinato (again) Mary Cashman, Dottie Jones, Ron Dwyer, Dave Ismen (with an I) special thanks to Steve Rivers (who always reminded me that he got his start while he was listening to me in Louisville.......god what happened? look at where he's at now!) Kid David, Tad Bonvie and thanks to John Ivey for his honesty.
Thanks go out to the folks at the Greater Boston Radio Group: Peter Smyth, Frank Kelley and Don Kelley. Shirley Maldonado, Debbie Enblom and Candy Oteri. Loren Owen and Wally Brine and the rest of the staff at WROR and WSJZ. Everyone on Morrisey Blvd. who has been in my corner. With a very special thanks to Harry Nelson, who had and has faith in me and allowed to me to try to re-invent myself. And Harry also allowed me to explore areas of radio that not many of us have the opportunity to venture in to: "cyber-radio."
Thanks to all on this list, that have offered encouragement and support.
But the biggest thank you of them all goes out to Dale Dorman, who through out all of my years in Boston, has been a dear friend and a mentor.
And to the listeners!

Happy New Year Everybody!
And Thank You.

J.J. Wright