Re: WCLZ 98.9 Follow up

I worked with Lori at WMGX.  I like her and found her to be a good person to
work with.  She is talented and can be very funny.  The "Tim and Lori Show"
on WMGX was very entertaining and Lori, and her co-host, Tim Wright worked
very well together.  If you listened to the show on WMGX, it may have seemed
that Lori was the "star" of the show and Tim was just her straight man.
Listening to Lori left to her on devices on the Point confirms that, as many
insiders already knew, Tim played a huge role in putting together the show
and holding things together.  Without Tim, or another strong partner, she is,
IMHO, in big trouble.

It also seems, from listening to the show, that she has let the events of the
last few months go to her head.  As a good capitalist, I congratulate her for
getting two corporations to fight over her services but she shouldn't let it
go to her head.  In her first few days on the air, she seemd to have a bigger
ego than Don Imus, without the years of success in the nation's largest
market.

As for her partner, Pete: he is hardly there.

As for the Point's endless promotion of the show: so far it is all the
station has to promote.  Their music certainly doesn't distinguish them much
from the competition.  My prediction is the station will only make a
significant impact in the Spring ratings if Citadel spends big bucks on TV
commercials and other promotions.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine
   Former employee of WCLZ and WMGX

In a message dated 12/26/99 1:22:07 PM Eastern Standard Time, WhomFAN@aol.com