Re: WCLZ resurfaces as 98.9/The Point

n a message dated 12/22/99 1:21:35 AM Eastern Standard Time, WhomFAN@aol.com
writes:

<< Over the last few days since WCLZ came back I have listening to it on and
off
 it seems very similar to WMWX (99.9) and WMGX (93.1). >>

I agree.  I think they are positioning the station so that they are squeezing
WMGX formatically with WJBQ (97.9) and WCLZ.  Citadel is going after WMGX's
younger listeners with WJBQ and their older listeners with WCLZ.  WCLZ plays
similiar oldies and recurrents as WMGX, but do not play most of the currents
that WMGX plays.  (WMGX has been going in a more Modern AC direction in
recent months.  Featuring more CHR currents in the mix.)  WCLZ is similiar to
WMWX as they occasionally play a song that doesn't seem to fit at all.  (i.e.
Money for Nothing.)

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine