Re: the simplistic argument of employment at small stations ...

> As Chuck mentions, there are none of these stations around still -- so it
> seems. But it seems almost that some major stations are valuing a degree (say
> from BU, Syracuse) more than real-life experience. No classroom can replace
> getting your hands dirty and working the ol' boards with the circular pots.
> (And yes, they still exist, I know from personal experience).
>
> -Sean

And lord knows the "sheepskin uber alles" attitude applies to MANY careers, not just radio.

OJT is DOA in the USA!

Risk taking by employers is (apparently) a no-no in the late 1990's across the career board.....not just radio.

-Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH