Re: the simplistic argument of employment at small stations ...

In a message dated 12/21/99 12:45:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Chuckigo@aol.com writes:

<< the smaller local stations were,
 as we even refered to WIDE, the "Main Street School of Broadcasting".  it
was
 a place where a young man or woman could come and do news, sports, jock,
 tech, produce, type, write, and even sell.  (all before lunch, most days

As Chuck mentions, there are none of these stations around still -- so it
seems. But it seems almost that some major stations are valuing a degree (say
from BU, Syracuse) more than real-life experience. No classroom can replace
getting your hands dirty and working the ol' boards with the circular pots.
(And yes, they still exist, I know from personal experience).

-Sean