Re: Local radio works...

My former employer, WMGX, is corporate owned and does a great deal for local
charities.  They hold a huge food drive every year, have done numerous
radiothons for local causes, and give thousands in free promotion for local
charitable events every year.  On the TV side, both WCSH and WGME, now
corporately owned, have continued the stations' traditions of strong support
for local causes.

Let's get by this oversimplification of corporate=bad, local=good.  I have
worked for local, small time station owners that were cheap sobs interested
in nothing more than putting as much in their pocket as possible and there
are corporate owners who realize that giving back to the community is good
business and the right thing to do.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

In a message dated 12/18/99 3:00:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,