Re: Local radio works...

nice to see that a local
> station can stay local, and truly help those to whom it was
originally tasked
> to serve. no doubt the heartbreaking call from the local woman in
need
> spurred those who may have been listening, but not hearing.
>     good job, Mr. O., to you and your co-workers.
>
> - -Chuck Igo

Thanks, Chuck.  <Corny Mode ON>  It wasn't so long ago (okay, maybe is
has been) that even the former WHDH (850 Boston) slugged it's weather
as from "Your _hometown_ meteorologist...."  Big 50 kilowatters
efforting to stay local (versus "Check out our honkin' signal") and
focused to draw upon it's ADI's pre-existing committment which went
way beyond niche penetration and ROI.  Niche today is to format what
niche yesterday was to community.  <Corny Mode OFF>

Bill O'Neill