From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of Donna
Halper
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 1999 1:16 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: those who covered the memorial

It was interesting to note that WRKO, WTKK 96.9, and WBZ, all of which you
would expect to do so, covered the entire memorial for the firefighters in
Worcester, as did the major TV stations-- which you would expect.  BUT,
WEEI stopped down to carry a portion of the memorial as well, which was a
surprise to me.  They don't usually stop what they are doing for news
stories.  On the other hand, as Eddie Andelman commented, it was the right
thing to do... (WEEI only carried a part of it and continued to run their
commercials, while WRKO and WBZ suspended everything to cover the
ceremonies wall to wall... but as I said, there have been other local
tragedies they did not cover, so it was interesting that they covered
this...)  And I commend WBZ radio for actually DESCRIBING things, rather
than just relying on the TV feed.