Students MCI/Pensacola Christ.Coll.

Interesting to read comments about MCI station, but they had better act
quick as Non-Comm FM space is quickly running out in Central Maine. Last
avail. freqs. by my limited calculations are 88.1 or 88.9  for the
Fairfield area.  As it  is Colby College's WMHB, Waterville on its' new
89.7 spot is giving a lot of interference to WERU 89.9 as you drive down
95 from Bangor. Surprisingly good signal 15 miles south to Augusta and
25 miles north to Newport.

The reason I say they better act quick, is that Pensacola Christan
College is applying for 88.5 at Mechanic Falls. (715W at 750 feet
according to M-Street Journal) Both WYAR 88.3 in Yarmouth and WHCF 88.5
Bangor should be raising a fuss over this. Does the area need another
religious station/satellator?

As for the goal of MCI I say great, and good luck. Sorry thing is..what
does the future of radio hold for a new young graduate?

I better keep mum about LPFM.

Rod O'Connor
Southwest Harbor, Maine