Re: WFNX simulcast on WNHQ

To answer a couple of WNHQ questions:

At 07:50 PM 12/3/99 -0500, Bill O'Neill wrote:

>Wasn't WSLE 125 watts, originally, atop Pack Monadnock?  I had thought
>they increased wattage and (likely) dropped HAAT about the time they
>killed the station, called it WMDK and eventually moved it to a bank
>near the Oval.

Actually, they were originally about halfway up Pack (on the SW side, if
I'm not mistaken).  They moved to a communications tower at the summit of
the South Peak in 1993.  Despite taking tx readings on it for the past 2
yrs, I don't recall the actual tx output.  The studios moved from P'boro to
Milford in '91 or '92 to the Granite Bank building on Rt. 101 near the
Wilton town line.  It was a couple miles from the oval...the oval not being
within city grade signal contour and (under the old rules) not an
acceptable main studio location.

Then At 02:06 PM 12/3/99 EST, Sptseditor@aol.com wrote:

>Wouldn't you figure that they would have a tech up at WNHQ for the first few
>days of the simulcast to make sure things were running smoothly? BTW, when
>did the Peterborough-Lynn simulcast begin?

WFNX took over programming of WNHQ just before 5pm Monday (11/29), stunting
with all Beck all the time for a day or so.  I think the actual simulcast
began on Wed.

Finally, At 07:40 PM 12/3/99 -0500, chrisbeckwith@bigfoot.com wrote:

>When arguing the merits of the WFNX simulcast it's worth considering what the
>frequency has been used for in recent years.  Now, if you're talking WMDK-FM,
>well, that's another story...IMHO, of course...

I presume you're referring to the "old" WNHQ prior to it becoming a
RadioWorks station.  I agree, they were pretty pathetic.  OTOH, the only
time 92.1 has EVER shown up in the Manchester Arbitron was during the
simulcast with WJYY (at least up until now...presumably Alternative Rock
will find its niche in southern N.H.