Re: WHAI SOLD

>station that's been family-owned for 61 years has tons of baggage just
>begging to be shed.  Hokey, dated program elements (lost pet patrol, town
>crier-type stuff) that some members of this list find quaint and endearing,

Actually the FM is nothing like that. The FM side has always aimed its "market" towards Northampton and the populated areas of the Connecticut River Valley. Except for High School football, the FM side is actually very professional sounding, with the sweepers "Franklin County's first 98.3 and 1240, WHAI". Their signal (2kw) is very good all the way down in Springfield. ( I can imagine what WPVQ's new 4kw signal from the same site is going to be like, that in another posting.)

I dont know about WHAI AM 1240 except its signal stinks. Its barely audible in Orange/Athol which is only about 20 miles away. And there isn't even a trace of it down here in Springfield.

--MIKE