Re: WHAI SOLD

At 05:54 PM 12/2/99 -0800, Larry Weil cynically wrote:

>> THERE ARE NO CHANGES PLANNED IN THE FORMAT OR
>> PERSONNEL AT THE AM/FM STATION.
>
>That's what they always say when a station is
>sold/bought, and it's almost always a lie!

Isn't "lie" a bit strong of a word?  Usually new owners who plan to make
sweeping changes make few bones about it.  OTOH, some adjustments are
probably coming.  I've never heard this station, but my guess is that any
station that's been family-owned for 61 years has tons of baggage just
begging to be shed.  Hokey, dated program elements (lost pet patrol, town
crier-type stuff) that some members of this list find quaint and endearing,
but have just plain outlived their usefulness.  Ditto for staff
changes...there are often people who can't/won't adjust to the new owners'
ways.

Give them a chance.