veto power?

Today's Globe article about satellite carriage of local TV stations
said:

> Ed Goldman, general manager of WBZ-TV (Channel 4), said the law
> would spare his station an administrative headache of dealing with
> ''quite a few'' requests from people in remote parts of Massachusetts
> who could not get Channel 4 over the air and so wanted permission to
> get a CBS-affiliate station from another city included in their
> satellite package.

If I'm reading this right, individual satellite users had to get Ed
Goldman's permission before the satellite company would offer them
another CBS affiliate: is that right?   Man, that sort of exclusive
business practice is what gave Micro$oft a bad name.   And I take it
that the new law does not change this practice: a Berkshire viewer who
prefers, say, WCBS probably still can't get it.

--RC