Re: Bruins on Radio?

At 02:16 PM 11/27/99 -0500, PUBLICREF3 wrote:

>One problem trying to "sell" Bruins radio broadcasts in Concord, New
>Hampshire might  be flagship station WBZ itself. I suspect 'BZ puts in a
>very strong signal into that area.
>
>Were the Bruins' flagship still WPLM-FM, it might be a different story.

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!

The Campbell Sports Network was THE, and I mean THE most rinky-dink outfit
I've ever seen.  About 10 years ago I worked for a station that ran the
Bruins, when WPLM was the flagship...the audio off the satellite was
absolutely atrocious!!! Static, dropouts, sounded like an AM radio tuned to
a weak station in a car under some power lines.  It would get so bad we
usually had to call WPLM and get a phone patch.