Thunder Pepsi Mobile Thing Whoozit (was: WCAP Welcomes WCCM To Lowell)

Mark Watson writes:

> Yesterday(11/27) WCCM broadcast live coverage of Lowell's Holiday
parade <snip>

Gotta hand it to you Mark.  So YOU'RE the diehard on that WCCM "Lowell
thing."

They described all the floats,bands,etc passing by
> their vantage point,including (quoting Bob Ellis here) the "WCAP
Camper
> with Moe Cohen at the wheel.Isn't it nice for WCAP to welcome WCCM
> Lowell.Moe's a gentleman,a class act.He's waving at us.I wonder if
he's
> listening to us right now??"

Couple of problems with that.  I didn't listen, but first, it's too
bad that Bruce Arnold would be put in such a situation like that.  Not
up to his classy standards, IMO.  Secondly, it's always been "Maurice"
Cohen, even by his detractors.  The "Moe" thing takes disrespect to a
stupid level.

> In all fairness,the"WCCM/Costa Eagle Pepsi Thunder Van"also appeared
in the
> parade.And one wonders if Mega 1400/WLLH had a van in the
parade,would they
>  have received a welcoming message from Mr.Ellis?

Sadly, he's a middle aged version of an angry young man.  Never
figured it out these past 20 years.  I ascribe to the notion that any
market is complemented by decent competition. Some welcome it where
others miss the point, it would seem.

 Bill O'Neill