Re: W-H-RB on the internet

At 06:57 PM 11/18/99 -0500, lglavin@lycosmail.com wrote:
>If WCRB were bought up by a
>conglomerate and switched to a mass-market format,
>eventually another commercial broadcaster would
>take up the format, OR (more likely) a public station
>like WGBH-FM, the most likely choice, would fill the
>breach and Boston would be better off.

I doubt it.  When was the last time you heard of a commercial station
switching **TO** Classical?  Most if not all Classical stations have been
that way forever.

You sound like the people who complain about Classic Rock stations playing
"Freebird" and "Layla" so much and wish they'd play more Moby Grape, King
Crimson and 12-minute Grateful Dead cuts.  You wanna hear the more esoteric
tunes in any genre?  Your best bet is a non-comm of some sort.