1060 testing at higher power

The FCC must have come through yesterday with program
test authority for 1060's CP for 40 kW-D/22 kW-CH DA-2-
D. At 8:08 this morning, the station dropped carrier for
about 15 sec and came back _much_ stronger. My guess is
that they are now running proofs on the CH pattern, and
as is the FCC's custom, the station is running at half
the power specified in the CP. When the CH phase of the
testing is complete, they will move on to testing the D
pattern at half power. After that, they will run at 11
kW-CH/20 kW-D until the FCC grants full-power program-
test authority. Then Infinity will complain about
prohibited overlap with WBZ and 1060 will be back to
running half power (or maybe CH power) during
noncritical hours. At some point, hearings will
scheduled. My guess is that, at that time, Mr Langer
will voluntarily cut back the D power to save himself
the legal and consulting engineering bills and obtain a
license to cover.

I'm still curious to see whether 1060 will apply for
full-time status. I believe they could get about 150W-N
using the CH pattern. However, the possibility of
presunrise authority with higher power and considerably
higher power during the half hour or so between local
sunset here and local sunset in Philadelphia as well as
somewhat higher power from Philadelphia sunset until two
hours past Natick sunset may tip the scales in favor of
remaining a daytimer. Under the FCC's latest rules, the
local 1060, as a daytimer located to the east of the
dominant station on a Class A channel and outside of the
dominant station's 0.5 mV/m 50% skywave contour, is
entitled to remain on the air at _some_ power for two
hours after local sunset.