Re: WARE

On 11/14/99 11:20 AM, Martin J. Waters (mwaters@mail.wesleyan.edu) wrote:

> It's a decent signal, really, it's just that what it covers is what
> you call the middle of nowhere.

I travelled from my home in Barre MA to my parents' in Simsbury CT today
and listened to WARE all the way down (an hour-and-twenty-minute drive).
I thought it ironic that one of the sweepers said, "We're building a new
radio station, WARE".

It's sad that a small station in a small town couldn't succeed.  As
stated on this list before, a Spanish-language rimshotter is a poor use
for a station like this.

Paul