Re: Music Of Your Life

Mike Thomas wrote:

> Yes, WXKS runs the Unistar "AM Only" service that also used to run on
> the old
> WZNN (930) Rochester NH. <snip>  WMYF, when
> it was
> on 1540 in Exeter, ran the ABC "Stardust" service.  Does any station
> still run
> that anymore?

Gary Ford responded:

> I think WASR 1420 in Wolfeboro, NH runs that service.

True, as of the last time I was up there.  When WZNN switched from
news/talk to adult standards on April Fool's Day, 1995, Stardust was
originally sought because co-owned WMYF was already using it but (the
way I heard it) WASR's Al Severy wouldn't give clearance for the
Rochester station to carry it as 930 sends a decent signal into his
territory.  Thus WZNN and WMYF simulcast the locally produced "Nostalgia
Network" morning show from the Rochester studio starting at 6 a.m.,
followed by the syndicated "Swingin' Years," then went their separate
ways at 11 a.m., Stardust on one frequency and AM Only on t'other.