Re: Tuna of Your Life

In a message dated 11/6/99 10:49:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Dan.Strassberg@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< I first heard Bradley CA 1953 in what I believe was his first radio gig--at
 WROW in Albany NY. He did MOR there. (To paraphrase the late Bill Marlowe,
 "was there anything else?" >>

when Cary Pahigian hired me at WGAN in 1981 (while i was still in the Navy in
Brunswick), my "homework" was to listen to Tom Kennedy middays on 'HDH, and
Bruce Bradley in the afternoon on WBZ...  hitting the post was an art form
with Bruce.  my favorite Brucie story was the attempt at dropping a thirty
second live promo over the fifteen second intro of "You Make My Dreams Come
True" by Hall&Oates...  i'm in the car thinking.. "here comes something i
never thought i'd hear; BB all over the vocal cuz there's no way he'd be
finished before they started singing."  amazing what you can do with a cart
machine and the stop button, especially at the point where the intro music
ends cold (beat beat) then vocal starts.  Bruce stopped the tune flawlessly,
finished the promo, and offered up "Hall and Oates on 'BZ..." restart cart
and they sing.

by the way:  to properly paraphrase the late Bill Marlow, shouldn't there be
a reference to "Meat" "Falling" or "Bone"????   ;-)

- -Chuck Igo