Re: who REALLY listens to classical or jazz?

At 01:10 PM 11/4/99 -0800, Larry wrote:
I won't reveal my income level here, but I have a
BSEE, and I work as a master control operator at a
Boston TV station, so you can guess...
Let's see...
Master Control Operator: "WPBF 25 has an immediate opening for a Master Control Operator. Station operators handle program switching, video tape recording, program playback, quality control of video and audio signals, camera control, tuning in satellite and ENG feeds, maintaining station and transmitter logs and other duties necessary in the daily operation of the station. Qualified applicants should have prior operations experience in television broadcasting or a closely related field." Since this job requires skills beyond news reading, we pay 50% more than our newest news anchor! [I added the last sentence]
WAFF TV describes the job simply as someone to "Operate all equipment to broadcast material called for on program log and maintain required log. Must be able to obtain FCC license. Previous experience in broadcasting helpful. Ability to work with computer data entry." [a piece of cake! yuh!]

Regards,
-Bill Piacentini
--
Takin' it...EASY99.1!
Any use of this moniker as impersonating an EASY99.1 staff member, either expressed or implied, is purely a figment of your (and my) imagination! Let Independents Rule!