Re: who REALLY listens to classical or jazz?

--- Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> wrote:
> I am trying to do some research for an article on
> specialty formats.  The
> common wisdom is that people who listen to
> classical or jazz formats on
> radio are wealthier, older, and better educated.

Well, if this helps, I'm 49, and I listen to Jazz
quite a lot, and have been doing so since I was in
my late 20's.  But I listen to (and always have)
mostly the kind of Jazz that's primarily on public
radio stations and not to the so called "smooth
jazz."

I won't reveal my income level here, but I have a
BSEE, and I work as a master control operator at a
Boston TV station, so you can guess...

=====
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH