Re: CBS covers the news big-time

   Donna Halper wrote:

> Interesting this morning to see, during the reportage of the tragic Egypt

> Air crash, that CBS not only covered it first, but they sent their big
> gun-- Dan Rather-- who had been vehemently critical several years back
> about the lack of commitment to news coverage and is now all over every
big
> story like a cheap suit.

   Well considering the major flub a couple of years back with their late
start of the coverage of Princess Diana's death,I'm not surprised that CBS
is pulling out all the stops to cover major news stories.

  I was awake about 7AM and checking out what was on TV for coverage at
that time,Ch 4 was not carrying CBS,but CNN's feed.Ch 5 was carrying ABC's
feed.Both 4 & 5 had no local anchors or reporters on the air at that
time.Ch 7 had Randy Price and Kim Carrigan anchoring,with Sean Hennessey at
their "Satellite Center" providing updates.Ch 7 did rejoin NBC's coverage
till 7:30,when they broke away to broadcast the Sunday Mass.New England
Cable News had R.D.Sahl and Margie Reedy holding down the fort there.

  Mark Watson