Re: "all-girl" radio

Off the subject, but...

My mother was a teacher in Boston.  Taught at Jeremiah Burke High School in
Dorchester.  Among her students were Valerie Holliday (lead singer on The
Three Degrees hit "When Will I See You Again") and Ladonna Gaines - better
known as Donna Summer.

Anyway...she was a teacher there in the early 40's, then she got married.
And had to quit.  Department Policy.  If you're a woman and you got married,
you must be planning to get pregnant.  Therefore we must replace you.  It was
a Boston School Department policy.  Really.   Sometime in the 60's they
relented and changed the policy, so my mother went back to the Burke and
attempted to teach Valerie Holliday ans Donna Summer.

P.S.   Valerie graduated from Jeremiah Burke HS.  Donna Summer did not.  She
got a GED years later.