Re: the Jim Gray controversy

It is my understanding after talking to an old friend at NBC that Costas put
his foot down, demanding Gray either apologize or be removed from the
series. Given the ice cold nature of the exchanges between the two, I tend
to believe my source.

I have yet to talk to one person who thought Gray was justified in the way
the interview was handled, and personally I think it was the worst I have
seen since Dan Rather attacked George Bush on the CBS News in early 1988.

There was a time and place to ask Rose those questions. Sunday night wasn t
the time.