Re: (Fwd) Re: livin' la vida vinyl

Shawn:

Yeah, I'm thinking of a two-speed version of the SP-15 that is used at
WSIA-FM 88.9 (staten Island) in one of their studios (all the other ones
use SL-1200's (I don't remember the model of this one - that one used a
knob in the position where the LED and the buttons reside on the SP-15).

I assume that since you're in the trade you've heard (if not already
subscribe to) of a free publication
called Radio Shopper that has all sorts of classified adds for stuff for
sale *there's also ads for consulting engineers, parts suppliers, closeout
houses and rebuilders/repairers.

There is also an insert there for Harris (the transmitter guys) who runs a
rebuilt audio equipment biz also.  Turntables show up frequently.  I saw
an SP 15 going for about 500 & change (together with dust cover, tone arm
and a hardwood base for putting it on a table instead of building it into
a console - real elegant machine)

You can check out Harris at http://www.harris.com/communications or dial
their toll free number at 1-800-300-0733.

You can check out Radio Shopper by going to their website at
www.radioshopper.com and subscribe there (that's how I did it).  They also
accept free classified ads (for sale or "want to buy" ads).

Hope this will help you.  Let us  know what happens..

--
Sven F. Weil
e-mail: sven@lily.org