Re: (Fwd) Re: livin' la vida vinyl

>The SP-15 is still in production I believe.  The last incarnation i've
>seen of this machine uses a digital LED readout for the pitch control
>instead of that nasty little knob.

We might be thinking of two different models.  All SP-15s I've seen
(going back at least 15 years) have a digital LED readout and +/./-
pitch control buttons.  None have any sort of "nasty little knob".

Panasonic/Technics' online product catalog lists only two variants
of the SL-1200 and two consumer-grade semi-automatics for turntables.
If anyone knows for certain of the SP-15 being available now, I'd love
to know where they can be ordered.  Believe me, we've tried...

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu