Re: "The king of all marriages" ends

Tony writes:
Now the Stern show will
> lose most of it's charm; the fact that he couldn't have any of his
> pornographic guests, in the biblical sense, was the only reason to
tune in! I
> hope Alison got a good chuck of change in the end.

Reading this and Donna's post on this subject, I have to wonder if
Stern's seeming trivialization of his deepest thoughts as well as the
privacy of his guests was less of a stretch given the safety net of
his longstanding marriage.  Without such,  you gotta think that his
difficult road ahead will be an unfortunate case of art imitating
life, a bit too closely for laughs.  Time will tell.

I choose to avoid Stern's act - dialing off as soon as it rings the
sensibilities alarm (the threshold of which is dropping with age).
What I can't ignore is his 5 hour daily marathons, coupled with his
obvious loyalty to his team.

Bill O'Neill