Re; Brown's WBRU for sale?

Rob Landry said:

>A Midwestern broadcaster with whom I had lunch today told me that Brown
>University has put WBRU on the block. Has anyone else heard such a rumor?

Hmmm.  Broadcasting&Cable listed a WBRU sale a few months back (supposedly
to Citadel, if memory serves) -- but almost immediately retracted the
report.  At the time, Brown Broadcasting denied it had any intention
of selling 'BRU.  But in the crazy financial dreamworld that is
radio at the turn of the millennium, anything could happen.  So...either
Rob's midwestern friend is still hearing the echoes of that misguided
report B&C put out -- or he knows something the rest of us don't just
yet.

-s