Re: Local shortwave stores?

I agree with Larry.  I have read comments from users about Radio Shack's
analog and low priced digital-tuned shortwave sets.  They are able to tune
in most US shortwave stations and a few of the more powerful foreign ones,
but anything else than that is too much of a strain on these boxes.
Sangean's top of the line model (which radio shack sells) also has RDS
(for those FM stations that stream text info on thier format, calls,
time,weather, adverts, etc.).  Good luck.

--
Sven F. Weil
e-mail: sven@lily.org