AM/FM (was WSRO)

I don't think the canadians are keen on am/fm simulcasting, except for
such transition periods when a station is moving from one band to the
other...unlike this country...

In some cases it is a waste of a frequency to have the same service on
both bands.  In other cases, such as a station that is popular listening
not only in office buildings (where you can't get am radio) but also
outside of work, it makes perfect sense to have both bands with one
station - as a station owner you get the iron-clad building penetration of
FM and the long range of AM (for distant communities, especially at
night).  More listeners, I guess.

--
Sven F. Weil
e-mail: sven@lily.org