RE: NorthEast Radio Watch 10/8: The Big Get Bigger -- Again

>That loud squeal you're hearing from Worcester is the air brakes on
>"The Bus" as it's parked for good.  WORC-FM (98.9 Spencer) dumps the
>classic rock for "Greatest Hits of the 70s, 80s, and 60s," with former

According to the FCC Database, WORC is licensed to Webster... their application never went through.

>That station flipped to "Channel 103.1, the new music alternative"
>just before midnight October 1, filling the void created a week
>earlier when the Edge stations switched to active rock as "Rock Radio,
>103.5/103.9 the Edge."  (NERW detects shades of the Rochester format
>change in January that moved then-Jacor-owned WNVE from modern to

I am so tempted to write them a suggestion of calling the station "Channel 276"...=)
but I doubt any listener would understand that.

lol

---MIKE

Get your own free email account from
http://www.wjbq.com