Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 16:20:09 -0000
From: "Bill Dunn" <ecps92@tiac.net>
Subject: Traffic

I think they just get used to how the State Police report the traffic to
them. The SP Calls the Expressway , Rte-93, not the Expressway. Drives me
Crazy too.

Maybe Eli could jump in here with hisYears of experience.

Don't forget Rte-93 starts in Canton at Rte-95 and goes to the NH Border.

Bill Dunn
:My big bugaboo is how BZ, SmartRoutes and others will sometime slip up and
:say 93 SOUTH ( which can be either the expressway OR coming in from the
:north)
:
:SOLUTION  rename the expressway 393 or 595 (every other city can do that)
:seem to recall the "inner belt" would have been 695 had it been built.
:
:Compared to Philadelphia and Detroit however, our traffic reports on radio
:are lacking..
:
:Of course I have spent a lifetime trying to figure out how US3 becomes SR3
:at the Longfellow Bridge.
:
-Eli