Re: clear channel buys amfm

Well, it's been awhile since I've made people mad with a contrary opinion so
here it goes:

One public company buys out another.  What's the big deal?  Assuming the FCC
sticks to current market limits, who cares?

Also, shouldn't we be happy to get rid of the people behind AMFM?  They have
certainly not done anything to endear themselves with the way they have
operated the stations they have bought.  I don't know much about Clear
Channel but they are a broadcast company, not just an investment group, and
as operators they can't be any worse.  Does it really matter if one company
owns 830 stations instead of 400?

--Dan Billings Bowdoinham, Maine