RE: Traffic (AKA...can't get there from here)

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Paul Hopfgarten wrote:

> That is incorrect about Rte 128...
>
> Rte 128 ENDS at the Braintree Split. Between Canton and Braintree (East by
> the compass), you're on Rte 128 South, I-93 and US 1 North.

Route 128 USED TO end at the Braintree split, but it was truncated a few
years ago and now ends where I-95 joins it just past the Amtrak station.
Going south you'll see a sign there than says "END 128", and going north
another sign proclaims "BEGIN 128". It's ridiculous; informally the road
from there to Braintree continues to be known as Route 128. I-93 north to
Cape Cod, anyone?

Rob Landry, just returned from there
umar@nerodia.wcrb.com