RE: Traffic (AKA...can't get there from here)

That is incorrect about Rte 128...

Rte 128 ENDS at the Braintree Split. Between Canton and Braintree (East by
the compass), you're on Rte 128 South, I-93 and US 1 North.

The I-95 signs were placed on Rte 128 between Canton and Peabody because the
Feds said either that or I-95 goes thru Boston (Original Plan, thru Milton,
Mattapan, Roxbury, hook up with existing X-Way at Mass Ave, follow the
Current Rt 1 via the Tobin thru Chelsea and Revere, and then go thru Lynn).

Lynn (believe it or not) and Milton said no way in 1969-70, and (then) Gov.
Sargent agreed.

As a life-long Gtr Boston resident (though the last 9 yrs in So. NH), the
128 signs will stay.

BTW: The Rte 1 signs USED to be on Storrow Drive to Kenmore Sq, but so many
Truckers followed the Rte 1 signs (but ironically enough NOT the low
overhead signs) to their peril...crunch...that Rte 1 now follows Rte 95-128
Dedham to Canton, Rte 93-128 Canton to Braintree, and Rte 93-3 into the city
on what will always be called the X-Way, no matter how many route numbers
the assign it!

Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH...
Who takes the X-way to Rte 128 to the Blue Hills exit to visit mom!