Traffic(Re: New WRKO morning show debuts today)

--- Chuckigo@aol.com wrote:
> regarding the traffic on the quarters... nice idea.  just wish if they're
> going to do the report, they'd do more than one or two "problems" at a time.
> i found it to be of great service coming down to work last night since the
> bruins were on WBZ.  if you've not attempted to get into the city at 10:30 or
> 11:00 at night lately, you'd find that it's pretty much a coin toss whether
> or not you'll breeze in (as one might expect).

I find Boston traffic reports to be very lazy at best, particularly
the ones on WBZ where they only focus 4 or 5 major "trouble"
spots(Central Artery, Tobin, Tunnels, MassPike eastbound and 128).
In other major metros, you always hear traffic reporters mentioning a list of possible traffic
problems and areas to avoid *tomorrow*(ie, construction delays, route closings,
special events,etc.). With the Big Dig construction altering traffic patterns
in Boston almost on the weekly basis, you'd think traffic reports
would contain warnings/tips/suggested alternate routes for motorists.

-Mark

=====