Re: 87.7 FM in Portland,ME & WCSH NEWS

On 5 Oct 99,  Jibguy@aol.com wrote:

> All Channel 6's in America broadcast their audio portion of their signal
> right on the edge of the "standard FM band", which we all know, starts at
> 88.1.   Most radios go down to 87.9 or 87.7, which is where you can hear
> ANY chanel 6 in America.  WCSH is just promoting a happenstance
> opportunity since they, and all other Ch 6's could boast about should they
> want to.   It's actually a great idea, to promote such.  Don't know why it
> hasn't been done before....  or perhaps it has, it's just that we here in
> Boston don't get too many Ch 6's on our TV's.

Interestingly enough, many years ago, in the early 1960s, I used to pick
up WCSH on my FM radio from Bedford, MA.  It depended on atmospheric
conditions.  I couldn't always get it, but I often could.  Since WCSH was,
at the time, carrying reruns of "Space Patrol," an old favorite TV show of
mine from the early 50s, I listened to it whenever I could.  We sometimes
used to get WCSH on our TV, usually faintly, before Channel 5 came on.
After that, we never got WCSH again.  One time during the summer of 1957,
we got WCSH as strong as a Boston station.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/