Re: 87.7 FM in Portland,ME & WCSH NEWS

All Channel 6's in America broadcast their audio portion of their signal
right on the edge of the "standard FM band", which we all know, starts at
88.1.   Most radios go down to 87.9 or 87.7, which is where you can hear ANY
chanel 6 in America.  WCSH is just promoting a happenstance opportunity since
they, and all other Ch 6's could boast about should they want to.   It's
actually a great idea, to promote such.  Don't know why it hasn't been done
before....  or perhaps it has, it's just that we here in Boston don't get too
many Ch 6's on our TV's.   ----    Channels 2 thru 6 take up somewhere near
65.0 mHz thru 88.5 mHz for their audio, while Ch's 7 thru 13 were placed
somewhere else; all this years ago.
----jibguy (Bob Bittner)