Re: Did anyone else hear this?

At 02:11 AM 9/10/99 -0400, Mike Thomas wrote:
>When I was at WMUA during the mid 1980's, the polka show also brought in more
>listener donations than all of the other shows on the station combined.  Also,
>when I lived in Connecticut, many of the local AM's had weekend polka shows,
>particularly in New Britain, Waterbury and Willimantic, since these areas had
>sizable Polish-American populations.  There was a polka show on
>WILI-Willimantic
>which ran every week for over thirty years until the lady who hosted it
>finally
>hung up her cans.  My wife tells me that many stations ran polka
>programming in
>Ohio and Western Pennsylvania as well.  I think at one time there were a few
>all-polka stations in the midwest many years ago.

I can't decide on the proper response:

"See, I told you the format works"

or

"There go those Polka freaks, dragging out the five or six stations where
the format has worked...."

Brian

- --Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc., 75 Walnut St., Peabody, MA  01960-5626
(978)538-7575/Fax (978)538-7550/Sales (800)231-8849/Sales Fax (800)329-2775
***Visit Our Online Store at www.cssinc.com***