Re: [no subject]

I would guess it really should be called a mailing list because it goes
to members who subscribe to it,
and it is sent to their email account. A newsgroup,
on the other hand, is accessed by your browser's newsreader ("Mail And
News")...something like
rec.radio.broadcasting, for example.

The day may come when there will be a newsgroup
called rec.boston-radio-interest or something like
that. But for now, this should be referred to as a
mailing list. Then again, it is easy to refer to it
as a newsgroup--maybe "discussion group" would be a good alternative
description?

And when it comes to "flames", maybe we should remember one of the
mottoes of WRKO's old Clapprood
and Whitley Show: "(a place where you can) disagree
without being disagreeable". Different opinions are
one thing, personal attacks another.