Re: Did anyone else hear this?

When I was at WMUA during the mid 1980's, the polka show also brought in more
listener donations than all of the other shows on the station combined.  Also,
when I lived in Connecticut, many of the local AM's had weekend polka shows,
particularly in New Britain, Waterbury and Willimantic, since these areas had
sizable Polish-American populations.  There was a polka show on WILI-Willimantic
which ran every week for over thirty years until the lady who hosted it finally
hung up her cans.  My wife tells me that many stations ran polka programming in
Ohio and Western Pennsylvania as well.  I think at one time there were a few
all-polka stations in the midwest many years ago.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7