Re: NAC really didn't have much of a chance in Boston

At 6:55 PM -0500 9/8/99, mike778707@wjbqmail.com wrote:

> Please don't call those who are for Smooth Jazz and/or
>against FM talk radio "Freaks". Just because we do not
>agree with the changes, doesn't mean that I or anyone else
>is a "smooth jazz freak". Its not appropriate, just as if
>I called you a "talk radio freak". I do not appreciate it.

I've been refered to as xxxxxx freak (sub for xxxxxx) over many of my
different interests.  I don't take it as an insult, but rather as a
recognition of belonging to a group who are intense about whatever they are
into.  I don't think most people intend it as an insult, so I find it best
not to take it that way.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled argument!

- ---
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH