Susan Bickelhaupt Lives ON

My girl friend lives in a town where the Tab Newspaper
chain took over the local paper.  They run an annual
"Readers' Choice" Issue (like Boston Mag) and the
selections for 1999 appeared a few days ago.  Besides
choices for the towns west and NW of Boston, they also
list some REGIONAL choices (NH, RI, ME and CT not
included tho) and the dead-tree version has some
beautiful typos that the former Globe radio scribe
specialized in (and Clea's no slouch either). The
number 1 DJ?  Matt Siegel, 108 WXKS-FM;  Honorable
Mentions: Nick Carter WBCN 104 and (gasp) Howard
Stern 100.7 WZLX!  Septic-tank Mouth a DJ?  WZLX?
More to come...Favorite Newscaster: Natalie Jacobson,
WHDH-TV Channel 7;  ok they got the Honorable Mentions
right...Liz Walker  and Jack Williams of WBZ-TV Channel
4.  Were the errors on the part of the Tab, and if so,
is my money in Fidelity at risk?  And if the readers
were the ones confused, how valid are the ratings books
submitted by a similar audience?  BTW, the Tab's
website, www.townonline.com still has the 1998 picks...
one assumes correct stations will appear there when
the 1999 wnners are posted. Or maybe not.

Laurence from Methuen

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com