WNEW Question Answered

The following information was posted on the New York Radio Board today.
With some of the references lately to WNEW, I though it may be of interest.
Pete
- --------------------------

Posted by WNEW Employee on September 07, 1999 at 18:25:55:

To all my fellow boardreaders and posters:

The time has finally come for The Rock of New York to be put to rest. While
this is not all of the information (I'm only giving
what I currently know), the following two facts are guaranteed:

Excluding weekends, this is the FINAL week of WNEW's rock format. Yeah
yeah, I know it didn't happen on May 1st, July
4th, etc. But THIS is it. All of the elements are in place and the talk
format is set to begin by next week. While keeping the
WNEW calls, the station will be known by a name borrowed from sister
station KLSX -- FM Talk 102.7.

Next, regarding the rumor that Opie & Anthony will move their show to the
2-6pm slot to make room for Tom Leykis, that is
only partially true. Yes, Opie & Anthony will start at 2pm. But they will
continue to run until 7pm. WNEW has decided that
their show, which is the staple of the new station, should run for 5 hours.

That's all the info I have right now. But I guarantee that everything
you've just read is true. Remember, you heard it here first!